Support and services for children and young people
with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
This website aims to bring together information about support and services for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, as well as their families, and teaching professionals in mainstream settings.
It also details the work of the Dacorum DSPL (Area 8) partnership and how you can get involved.
What Is DSPL?
Delivering Special Provision Locally is a Hertfordshire-wide initiative, working to improve the range of provision and support services available for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities, aged 0-25.
It aims to secure a range of provision, support services and resources in each area that:
• meets the needs of children and young people with SEND aged 0-25 as close to home as possible
• improves outcomes for wellbeing and attainment
• widens choice for children and parents/carers
• removes barriers to learning
• uses resources effectively